Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back In Time...


We had a ward service project on Saturday at Pioneer Farms. Many hands helped that day painting the outside of two buildings, weeding gardens, clearing out lumber inside buildings, etc. Afterwards there was a picnic lunch and we got a chance to tour the farm. The farm was so awesome, it brought me back in time. I was in my element with all the antiques, quilts, old buildings, flowers, animals, etc. I could imagine how life must have been back then and how family life was simplier and contained to the farm. Sometimes I wish we could go back to these days where we could have our families close and learn how to work the land...... but then I really don't want to give up my modern conveniences and especially AIR CONDITIONING!! ; )










4 comments:

Megan said...

what a quaint place! i love taking pictures of stuff like that...I can't decide which one is my favorite.

Lynn said...

Megan, I REALLY love places like this and can't get enough of them! The farm was actually bigger than it looks on my blog. There were more buildings, animals, etc... check out my album on FB. : )

Marianne Barker said...

I don't think any human nowadays could survive long in Texas without the AC!

Savannah Davis said...

You are really a very talented photographer and woman! Amazing!